Click here for 2019 rare Elementary Module Guide
Click here for 2017-2018 rare Booking Information & Cancellation Policies
Modules at rare
Home to over 24 habitat types, rare is an ideal location for curriculum based outdoor activity. Module design is such that students will visit different habitat areas of rare as they return each year. Experiencing rare in such a way will provide students with the opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, values, and motivation necessary to become responsible environmental citizens. The “bigger picture” will be a key underlying theme to rare’s programming. Students will understand that the actions of today will greatly affect the outcomes of tomorrow.
An integral part of our educational module is the Chain of Learning program, giving students a link to innovative discoveries at every stage of learning. Current research at rare provides the content for the “Chain of Learning” program. Researchers develop restoration and bio-inventory projects, passing their knowledge to university and high school students who then undertake hands-on projects to pass their new knowledge on to elementary students. At rare, all students play an active role in advancing environmental research and education.
Our school modules are designed and facilitated by our Education Team, which includes certified teachers with experience developing and delivering environmental education programs.
- Modules will be offered from September 2017 to June 2018
- All modules are offered as half day (2.0-2.5 hours in length) at $9.00 per student
- The Animals in Motion module is offered at $10.00 per student
- Limited number of spaces available, please book well ahead of time
- For groups of less than 15, there is a minimum fee of $135.00 ($150.00 for Animals in Motion)
- Modules are weather permitting; trips may be cancelled with impending inclement weather
- **Full day modules are available at $13.00 per student
The modules are not limited to the outlines listed above; programs can be tailored for specific course requirements and student needs. We also offer exciting opportunities for school environmental clubs.
Explore, Learn, Be Curious, Be Inspired, Be Active!
To book a module, please fill out the following form:
For any questions, please contact:
p. 519-650-9336 x 112
Proudly supported by: